How much is the health of you, your employees, and your customers worth? It may surprise you to learn that there are absolutely no certifications, minimum education or training required to build custom food trucks or food trailers. Anyone can legally build mobile kitchens onto an existing vehicle chassis. That’s why it’s so important to choose a custom food truck manufacturer that you trust.
Firefly: The Safe Food Truck Manufacturer
Firefly believes that safety is not an “optional feature”. From propane tank explosions to grease fires, poorly engineered food trucks can be dangerous. Even a truck that is just difficult to sterilize can lead to pest infestation and food poisoning.
Firefly refuses to compromise on providing you the safest and cleanest truck possible. Read on to learn about eleven differences that set us apart from other food truck builders.
Every new build comes with a Firefly Warranty
Your success is our success. We stand behind our work with an industry-leading, 2-year warranty on every new build so you can spend more time connecting with customers and less time in the shop.
Safe Food Trucks
Unlike other builders, every Firefly build includes:
- Fire suppression system (ie. ANSUL or Pyro-Chem) which automatically triggers to put out a fire
- Minimum of two emergency exits to escape in case of fire
- Only ASME-certified propane tanks for
- Propane tanks are only under-mounted on trucks and vertically-mounted to trailer tongues on trailers. Even in minor accidents, propane tanks mounted on bumpers can explode.
- Tempered safety glass on all windows and doors
- No yellow propane connector hoses are allowed. These hoses are not approved for vehicles because they leak when exposed to the vibration on the road.
- No plumbing fittings are allowed in walls. Propane and water fittings sometimes leak and you need easy access to repair or replace them.
Clean Food Trucks
Here’s why Firefly trucks are easier to clean:
- All countertops are sealed so food and liquid can’t drop behind or between them and rot
- There are no gaps between or behind equipment so food and liquid can’t drop behind or between them and rot
- All equipment and cabinets are curb mounted (the floor curves up to meet the bottom of the cabinets and equipment) so it’s impossible to spill under equipment
- Aluminum diamond plate floors are welded together so that there’s nowhere for dirt and bacteria to hide
Firefly: Licensed Trailer Manufacturer
In addition to building the safest mobile kitchens, Firefly is also a NHTSA and California DMV-licensed trailer manufacturer. That means we’re legally allowed to build food trailers from the ground up including the frames. Our trailers are street legal, have a VIN, and can be registered by your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles just like any other car, truck or trailer.
Our sturdy trailers are built from the ground up to become concession trailers with wider bodies, extra thick aluminum walls, sloped roofs to prevent leaks, and American-made axles that can support the weight of heavy kitchen equipment.
Plus, there’s no long wait times for our trailer frames and it’s easier to get a loan to pay just one food trailer manufacturer.
Are you getting a safe food truck?
Not all food trucks are created equal… It’s like comparing the price of apples to oranges. Unfortunately, quotes alone are just not enough information to make such an important decision.
Make sure your new food truck is an asset and not a dangerous liability. Talk to a variety of reputable food truck builders and see examples of their work in person. Are these ten safety features included on their builds? Is your safety worth compromising if they’re not?