If you are thinking about starting up your own food truck business, but are not sure what food to sell or how to run your truck, customer food truck builder Firefly Fabrication can help.
What Type of Truck
The first thing to consider when starting a food truck business is what type of truck you want. You can consider the following:
- A truck that opens at various locations, such as pop-up, festivals, and events
- A truck that serves from a regular spot on the streets of LA
- A truck that is used for travel and cooking with dinner served as part of a mobile catering team
- A combination of all of the above
What Food or Drink to Sell
You may already have an idea of what food you want to sell, so it will just be a matter of perfecting your recipes and building your menu. If, however, you are unsure of what food will sell best it is time to consider the following:
- What type of food trucks are popular (LA is full of taco trucks and people cannot get enough of them)
- If a food is saturating the market, but is not as popular as tacos, then it may be time to reconsider
- What is your skill set? Some food may seem easy to cook, but try cooking a few recipes before taking the plunge
- Understand your area. If your food is high end, then you do not want to attend events that will have crowds who cannot afford high prices or if you sell alcohol you may be limited as to where you can sell
- Look at where you can buy the ingredients locally so that you never run out during busy periods
These are just a few things to consider when starting a business and there is lots more to think about. If you want to work with the best custom truck builder in LA contact Firefly Fabrication today. We provide food truck manufacturing and modification, event truck fabrication and modification, and event truck rental so that your business can get off to a great start.